SCR members are entitled to sit on the college high table during formal dinners, as well as being able to enjoy drinks beforehand and a cheese course afterwards in the Lakeside Room.
There are two SCR guest nights held every year – one in Michaelmas term and one in Epiphany term – and sign-up details are provided in the termly SCR Bulletin.
All formal dinners commence with a drinks reception held in the Lakeside Room at 6:45pm. Please can we remind members to sign for any pre-and post-formal drinks on the drinks sign-up sheets available on the night. The dress code for full College formal dinners is lounge suit/cocktail dresses.
Wine is available to purchase by the bottle on the night, including smaller 175ml bottles. SCR members are asked to complete a wine order form upon their arrival in the Lakeside Room, and these should be given to a member of serving staff. Wine will be charged to your college bill.
Formal Dinner Sign-Up
Sign-up for formal dinners opens two-weeks before the event and closes one-week before the dinner, unless fully booked. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Formal dinners are charged at £9.50 and this will be added to your college bill (battels).
- Annual Trust Lecture 7th November 2023: Alexander McCall Smith October 26, 2023
- Halloween Formal Friday, 3rd November 2023 October 25, 2023
- “Critical conversations” series October 17, 2023
- St Patrick’s Day Formal & Finchale Camino Invitation March 9, 2023
- The Antarctic: Talk and Supper Thursday Feb 23rd 2023 February 14, 2023